We are looking for a
The Destination Manager manages operations in the destination, ensuring that all aspects – staffing, safety, maintenance, supplies, customer service – are handled according to company standards and within budget. He/she liaises with headquarters, handles all administration as required by the company and local bodies and manages both dive and boat crew. The Cruise Director and the Captain report to him/her directly. The Destination Manager reports to the respective Regional Destination Manager.
- Ensures the flow of information between the destination and other departments. This includes reservations, marketing and procurement (technical and consumables)
- Reports as agreed on all aspects of the operations in his/her destination
- Handles all paperwork related to the vessel, crew and guests. He/she ensures that all staff documentation, such as crew certifications, visa, permits and holiday planning are up to date, recorded and made available to other departments (HR, travel)
- Ensures that all vessel registration, licenses, permits, insurances, manning certificates and other documentation crucial to our operations in the destination are constantly up-to-date and current
- Assures that our operation is compliant with local laws and regulations.
- Oversees and manages the supply of food and beverage, non-food, fuel, stationery, First Aid supplies, etc. needed for any cruise;
- Sources new and ensures good business relationships with existing suppliers so as to guarantee the supply of the highest quality items at the most competitive prices.
- Owns the inventory management processes in the destination, executes accurate regular and up-to-date inventory checks as directed
- Manages the day-to-day operations in the destination to the highest quality, achieving maximum guest satisfaction. Reports on the day-to-day operations to the Regional Destination Manager as directed
- Ensures all aspects of the running of the operations follow our quality standards while staying within allocated budgets. Suggest possible improvements of our service to maximise efficiencies or improve customer experience
- Monitors all equipment and machinery on board the vessel so as to be able to prevent major equipment related problems such as engine and generator failure, compressor problems, vessel damage or others. Ensures preventatives measures are taken so as to limit the occurrence of equipment-related incidents
- Reports and records incidents to the Regional Destination Manager and plans and manages repairs as needed. Plans and assists in the execution of drydock, major overhauls and maintenance jobs
- Handles any emergency situation in an efficient manner while following company standards and procedures, reports such emergencies with accuracy and takes initiative to improve the operations in his/her destination
Staff Management / HR
- Participates in the recruitment of and manages boat and dive crew, together with the Regional Destination Manager and the Captain where appropriate, executes regular formal and informal performance reviews
- Ensures at all time that all employees in the destination hold the correct paperwork, certifications, visas etc. needed to work in the destination
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer satisfaction as expressed in their willingness to recommend us to a friend
- Employee engagement, low staff turnover
- Performance reviews for employees are completed twice a year
- Cost management, operational expenditure within budget
- Reporting cycle is in place for maintenance reports, satisfaction reports, employees, safety and fire training. All reports are available within agreed time frames
- Inventory controls are done monthly and reported for merchandising, equipment, beverages and any other consumables
- Vessel downtime due to license or legal requirements is zero
Skills, competencies and experience
- Certified, renewed and insured PADI OWSI or equivalent and a minimum of 500 logged dives
- 3-5 year working experience in the diving industry
- Solid computing and administration skills – internet, email, Skype
- Understanding of basic accounting processes
- Able to work independently in remote locations
- Able to develop relationships with local authorities
- Able to work flexibly, autonomously and under pressure
- Excellent leadership skills, especially in multi-cultural environments, ability to understand and follow procedures
- Trouble-shooter who enjoys the challenge of finding solutions to difficult and often unpredictable situations
- Focus on safety and hygiene
- Experience as operations manager for a dive centre or a liveaboard
- Experience in project management
- Mechanical and/or electrical knowledge
The hours of work are those required for the Destination Manager to achieve his/her duties.
Reservations Consultant (Sales & Reservations, Phuket)
The Reservations Consultant manages bookings for his/her assigned destination and agents. He/she handles the process from first inquiry to quotation and invoicing, together with any post-cruise follow-up. He/she liaises with the Accounts and Operations Departments to ensure that our guests are provided with an outstanding service. The Reservations Consultant reports to the Reservations Manager.
- Is responsible for and manages the entire administration process of a confirmed booking – from initial Sales Consultant handover, book domestic travel and accommodation, and the issuance of correct invoices and any related transactions such as credit notes, refunds, etc.;
- Is responsible for and manages the entire booking process for his/her assigned agencies;
- Monitors and responds within 24 hours to new and current enquiries from all destinations related to Siren Fleet and Master Liveaboard cruises;
- Is responsible with the entire Reservations Team for the maintenance for the accurate upkeep of the entire booking system information at all times – including guests information, space availability and agents information;
- Ensures the transmission of information to the Central Operations Departments and the Local Operations Teams;
- Liaises with the Accounts Department for the issuance of correct invoices and any related transactions such as credit notes, refunds, etc.;
- Carries out individual projects in line with the position as instructed.
Skills, competencies and experience
Only candidates with the following skills, competencies will be considered:
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Organizational skills;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Highly customer service minded;
- Ability to follow process;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team;
- Ability to work with deadlines;
Candidates with the following experience will be preferred:
- 2 years experience working in Reservations or in the Travel industry.
- University degree or minimum vocational diploma
Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 18:00 with extra Saturdays to be worked (with daily pay) based on a rotating schedule from 09:00-17:00 with a 1-hour break.
Although we do not have a position open currently, we would love to hear from you for future opportunities.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted